‘Everyone Equal Everyone Happy’
The Subject Leader for British Values is Miss V Foster.
British Values Statement of Intent
At South Hiendley we value the diverse ethnic backgrounds of all pupils and families and undertake a variety of events and lessons to celebrate these. We have found this approach to be enriching for all parties as it teaches tolerance and respect for the differences in our community and the wider world.
Aims of British Values at South Hiendley Primary School
We aim to ensure that all pupils:
- and everyone connected with the school is aware of our values and principles. This includes where and how British Values are promoted.
- experience a consistent approach to the delivery of SMSC issues through the curriculum and the general life of the school.
- education is set within a context that is meaningful and appropriate to their age, aptitude and background.
- know what is expected of them and why, including being able to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England.
- are given a range of opportunities to reflect upon and discuss their beliefs, feelings and responses to personal experience.
- develop an understanding of their individual and group identity.
- begin to develop an understanding of their social and cultural environment and respect an appreciation of the many cultures that now enrich our society.
- are given the opportunity to explore social and moral issues, and develop a sense of social and moral responsibility.
- develop independent learning and to equip them with all life skills in order for them to take their place in a fast-changing society.
Value of the Month
As part of our on-going commitment to support the teaching of fundamental British Values; democracy, individual liberty, mutual respect, law and tolerance of those from all faiths, backgrounds and cultures, we have been developing a values based education. Every month we will have a “Value of the Month”; children will have the opportunity to explore these values in their classes to understand what they mean to us here at South Hiendley.
Please see the Quality - Values link below.