PE, Sport & Physical Activity
‘Everyone Equal Everyone Happy’
The Subject Leader for PE is Miss C Jackson.
PE Statement of Intent
At South Hiendley Primary School, we recognise the importance of PE and the role it has to play in promoting long term, healthy lifestyles. The intent of our PE curriculum is to provide all children with high quality PE and sport provision. It is our vision for every pupil to succeed and achieve their potential as well as to lead physically active lifestyles. We strive to inspire our pupils through fun and engaging PE lessons that are enjoyable, challenging and accessible to all. We want our pupils to appreciate the benefits of a healthy and physically active lifestyle. Through our teaching of PE, we will provide opportunities for pupils to develop values and transferrable life skills such as fairness and respect as well as providing them with opportunities to take part in competitive sport.
It is our aim at South Hiendley Primary School to develop and encourage:
- Competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Children who are physically active for sustained periods of time
- Engagement in competitive sports and activities
- Children to lead healthy, active lives
School Sports Premium Funding
The Government is providing each primary school throughout England with additional funding which is to be spent on improving the sports provision within schools. At South Hiendley Primary School we believe a high quality PE curriculum should be an integral part of the whole school curriculum and one that staff, pupils and parents understand and can contribute to. Our school recognises the values that a high quality PE and school sport curriculum gives pupils.
We have been awarded the School Games Gold Award in recognition:
– of our school’s provision for pupils to engage in 2 hours of sporting activities per week;
– that we engage 20% of pupils in extra curricular sport;
– that we provide appropriate competition level (through inter school activities);
– that 5% of children lead and officiate school games.