Behaviour & Safety
Behaviour at South Hiendley Primary School
South Hiendley Primary School is committed to creating an environment where exemplary behaviour is at the heart of productive learning. Everyone is expected to maintain the highest standards of personal conduct, to accept responsibility for their behaviour and encourage others to do the same. Our positive behaviour policy guides staff to teach self-discipline, not blind compliance. It echoes our core values with a heavy emphasis on respectful behaviour, a partnership approach to managing poor conduct and dynamic interventions that support staff and learners. We acknowledge the School ’s legal duties under theEqualities Act 2010, in respect of safeguarding and in respect of pupils with special education needs (SEND).
1. Ready: Be ready to learn, aim high, work hard.
2. Respectful: Be respectful, be polite, be kind.
3. Safe: Be safe, be sensible, be careful.
How We Recognise Behaviour
- Class Recognition Boards
- House points
- Private and/or public praise
- Values Stickers – awarded by ALL staff
- Certificates in Assembly
- Lunchtime Supervisors give out certificates and reward children by choosing them to sit on the ‘Special Table’ for lunch
- Young Leadership Team
- Verbal Praise
What Support Do We Provide Beyond the Classroom?
- 1. A full time Learning Mentor to link home, school and external support for overcome pastoral barriers to learning.
- 2. An Attendance officer to support families in getting children to school every day and on-time.
3. We buy into Education Psychology, Wakefield Exclusions and Behaviour Support Team to provide additional support where necessary, access support the Future in Mind and any other additional agencies as necessary.