To develop enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity.
or punishedwithout being interrupted I will be free to express my feelings and opinions
I have the right to be happyand treated with kindness or to hurt my feelings. no one will laugh at me
I have a right to hear and be heardyell, scream, or shout my opinions and wishes will be considered in any plans
I have a right to be safeno one will hit me kick me, push or punch me.
We all have a right to be here in this schoolwe try our best
to get along with each otherand show respect for everyone and everything in our school!
Welcome to South Hiendley Junior, Infant
South Hiendley Junior, Infant & Early Years School is a village school, catering for children in the 3-11 years age range.
Most of our pupils live in South Hiendley but we also welcome children from the surrounding areas.
- To create a safe, happy and caring environment where everyone is welcomed, valued and respected.
- To provide an exciting, creative curriculum where children are challenged and supported to succeed.
- To recognise and promote high standards, effort and attainment through a creative skills based approach to learning.
- To create a community where all children, parents, staff and governors are valued and enabled to achieve their potential.
- To provide a stimulating, well resourced and well maintained learning environment that reflects the needs and interests of all our learners.
- To help children to appreciate the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and physical and mental well-being.
- To work closely with parents and carers as partners in each child’s learning.
South Hiendley Junior, Infant and Early Years School has a set of school aims which guide our work with children.
Our School Environment
The grounds consist of separate Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 playgrounds, an extensive playing field and a large outdoor study area which was redeveloped in November 2010 using a Lottery grant. This leads to a growing area where the children grow strawberries, rhubarb, leeks, cabbages, potatoes and much more. The large school field hosts a tyre park, trim trail and log cabin where the children can play.
What Others Say About Our School
The pupils’ behaviour and their understanding of how to keep safe and live a healthy lifestyle are outstanding.
“The school ensures that the pupils achieve well. Its success is clear in the pupils’ confident and enthusiastic approach to learning.”
My son’s progress this year, under the guidance and support from his teacher, has been phenomenal and this shows in the grades he is achieving. We are extremely proud and pleased with my son’s progress and we would like to thank the staff at school for all their help, guidance and support which help the children to achieve such high goals. Thank you. July 2013.
I am very happy with how both my children have settled and feel well supported by the school.
I like South Hiendley School because the teachers help me and don’t let me struggle.
” I absolutely love this work!”
I enjoy coming to South Hiendley School because you can learn and get educated.
My favourite thing about South Hiendley School is you get to go swimming.
I enjoy coming to South Hiendley School because I like the school and I have lots of friends.
My favourite thing about South Hiendley School is that the teachers teach us properly and respect us like we respect them.
I feel the school is doing a fantastic job.
We are very happy with the school and staff, also very happy with our children’s progress.